- 3 pounds (one package) Widnor Farms Beef Shanks (Osso Bucco)
- 1 tablespoon tallow
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 quart beef broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 cups coarsely chopped cabbage
- 2 medium ears corn, husked, cut into 3 pieces each
- 1/2 pound small red-skinned potatoes, cut in half or left whole if small
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium zucchini cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Heat tallow in stockpot over medium heat until hot. Brown beef Shank Cross Cut, in batches, on all sides. Pour off drippings.
- Return beef to stockpot. Add water, broth, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- Add cabbage, corn, potatoes, onion and carrots to stockpot; return to a simmer. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 20 minutes. Add zucchini and tomatoes; simmer, covered, 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
Let me know what you think of the recipe in the comments!
Happy Cooking, Brianna