Your family won’t want to ever eat anything else. At least mine doesn’t! Between this and my homemade pizza, the kids have been ruined for others! My favorite flour to use is a locally milled and grown flour from Cairnspring Mills in Burlington. I might be partial to their Skagit Valley grown wheat but its also a fantastic flour. For this recipe, I love using their Organic Edison Flour. (Hint: I buy the 50# bags because the savings is that good!) I almost always double this recipe for our family and toss the extras in the freezer for a quick grab and go on a busy night.
2 Tbs Yeast
3-3.5 cups flour
1 cup plus 2 tbs whey (or whole milk) at room temp
1/4 of a cup of honey
1 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup garlic infused olive oil
1 egg yolk
1 tbs water
2 tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add yeast and room temp milk/whey to large bowl. Add honey and olive oil and let sit for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, mixture should be slightly foamy.
- Whisk in egg.
- With a dough hook, slowly mix in the salt and flour until you have a nice, soft dough & knead in the mixer for 3-5 minutes until the dough is elastic and smooth.
- Divide dough into 8 equal parts and roll into balls. Spread evenly on a greased cookie sheet or pan (make sure to use good quality oils here like butter or olive oil). Cover with a towel and let rise for 10 minutes.
- Brush with egg was and sprinkle sesame seeds on the buns. Bake until golden brown (usually 10-12 minutes)
- Enjoy with our favorite Widnor Farms Burger Patties!
[…] brioche buns, toasted (or try Brianna’s Famous Burger Buns!) […]
These are AMAZING!!!! They’re so simple to make, not time consuming at all, and the best part, they’re delicious! A definite game changer for burgers!!!!! Thanks for the recipe!!
2 Comments on Brianna’s Famous Burger Buns