- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 1-1’2″ thick (about 2 pounds)
- 3/4 cup beef broth (preferably homemade for even more depth of flavor)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (sub coconut aminos if you’re avoiding soy)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon or chervil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine Marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place the beef Top Round Steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator for 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Combine Herb Butter ingredients in small bowl, mixing well. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove the steak from marinade; discard marinade. Pat steak dry with paper towel. Preheat broiler. Place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of beef is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 27 to 29 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning onceCook’s Tip: To pan broil steak, prepare steps 1 and 2. Remove steak from marinade and pat dry with paper towel. Heat large heavy skillet over medium heat until hot. Rub the steak with an additional 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place steak in skillet; cook 15 to 17 minutes for medium rare (145°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steak into thin slices; top with herb butter and drizzle with pan juices, as desired.
**recipe provided by Washington Beef Commission